June 30, 2014

Restaurant: To Soc Chon, Fort Lee, New Jersey


Soon Dae Guk

There's some amazing Korean food in New Jersey. Almost as amazing as the food in Korea. Some of the restaurants in New Jersey are so great that I've considered driving, from Boston, just to grab dinner. (I've only done this... once or twice over the past 5 years I've lived in Boston, haha!)

To Soc Chon is one of the restaurants that I always make a point to visit when I'm in NJ. When I took these photos, I had traveled to NY for a wedding. My friends and I ended up decided to cross the George Washington bridge and pay the super high toll just so that we could grab lunch here. Dedication, my friends! (PS: This post is long overdue--I had the photos and forgot to post.)

To Soc Chon is a Korean restaurant that specializes in Soon Dae (blood sausage), Soon Dae Guk (soup made of the sausage), and Jok Bal (braised pig feet). It looks rather plain from the outside, but the interior is clean and it looks as though they've remodeled, fairly recently.


This restaurant is amazing if you love Soon Dae or Jok Bal. It's almost like you're in Korea!

Side dishes: Kkakdugi, salad, and kimchi at To Soc Chon
Jok Bal

Soon Dae Guk + Korean chives
If you're ever in New Jersey or New York, definitely give this place a try!

To Soc Chon
166 Main St
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Price: $$
Taste: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Value: 5/5
HHR Review: Worth a 4+ hour drive.

/*Default Image Size*/