May 22, 2014

Bon Chon Chicken, Allston, MA -- Delivery in loving memory of our cat

The delivery comes like this. Yum!
Korean style fried chicken is better than your fried chicken. And in Boston, Bon Chon chicken is the best.
Our order. Comes with wet naps for extra classiness
I write this post in memory of our beautiful cat, Momo, who passed away too early. Momo was born in Chicago and used to belong to a friend. When that friend needed to rehome her, I ended up flying to Chicago and bringing her here, to Boston. The first day in her new home, my husband (boyfriend at the time) greeted us from the airport and we ate Bon Chon chicken (delivery) as we watched Momo settle in. I hadn't had a cat before, so when we were done, I left the bones in the delivery carton and left it on my coffee table, exhausted.

The next morning, as you might imagine, I woke up and saw chicken bones everywhere and Momo pretending that she didn't do anything. :) And so Bon Chon will forever remind me of my darling cat and her mischievous ways.
Bon Chon Chicken - Medium combo (big drumsticks & little drumsticks/wings), spicy sauce
Some notes: the chicken is the best. The seafood fried rice and the bool-dak (fire chicken) are also safe bets. Don't get anything that says "spicy" here unless you actually like spicy food. They're not joking around. You can order half soy-garlic and half spicy sauce for the wing combos. Be prepared to wait--both for delivery and at the restaurant. I've had to wait almost 2 hours for delivery before--but it's pretty much worth it. (This is one of the few wheaty foods I am okay with eating. The stomach ache is offset by the taste.)
Bool-dak--super super spicy!
Bon Chon Chicken
123 Brighton Ave 
Allston, MA 02134
Price: $$
Taste: 5/5 
Service: 3/5 
Value: 4/5
HHR rating: Pricy, but always delicious

/*Default Image Size*/