March 10, 2014

Review: Fran's Chocolates - Gold Bars

Oh-so-shiny wrappers! You're messing up my shot :(
Fran's chocolates is a Seattle based chocolate shop, founded by the chocolatier Fran Bigelow. My mother always brings these to me when she visits, since this is one of the Obama family's favorite chocolates.

The gold bars are wrapped in shiny gold (duh) packaging with simple labels. They come in a few flavors: almond, macademia, and coconut.

Unwrapped
The bars are filled with a thick tasty caramel and fresh nuts, and are dipped in a rich dark chocolate. The chocolate is excellent quality.

Almond gold bar--caramel! [I need a whitebox. Sigh @ shadows]
Overall, I highly recommend the Gold Bars for lovers of chocolate and of caramel!

Fran's Chocolates: Gold Bars
https://www.franschocolates.com/store/home.php
Price: $$
Taste: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
HHR Rating: Oh-so-delicious.

/*Default Image Size*/